Shiloh

Example of Picture Trail - bling

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thing 7: Web 2.0 Communication Tools

Most of these tools I have actually tried or am currently using.  Where would life be without email.  I use email daily - I am not sure how I would even do my job without email.  The email hint article was good, although most of the ideas were not new to me, it was a good reminder.  In our school we do not allow IM, text messaging, cell phones or you tube.  I can see where IM might be a valuable tool for a media center.  It would even b e nice to have just for staff.  Web conferencing - I have been involved in quite a few different kinds of web conferences.  It is a nice option to have, although sometime scheduling yourself, internet access, and interruptions all cause it to be a bit more challenging.  In these days of small budgets it becomes a very valuable resource.  Earlier this week I was involved in a webinar for our library automation software and it was nice to learn more about that without a cost involved.

No comments: